Governance and Credit Ratings
This key credit consideration is growing in prominence.
“The presence of structural governance weaknesses indicates a heightened risk of a negative event. Understanding risk control and decision-making frameworks are therefore essential elements in the assessment of corporate governance and its possible impact on credit ratings.”
Sabine Bauer, Fitch Ratings
- Short-Term Ratings Possible Changes Webinar (October 2018)
Watch this webinar, in which Fitch's analysts discussed the changes we are considering to offer a more differentiated analytical view of short-term risk between issuers, including changes to the correspondence table between Long-Term and Short-Term ratings.
- Download the Investment Guidelines Whitepaper on Cash Management (2016)
- Money Market Fund Ratings (2016)
- U.S. Money Fund Reform Dashboard (2016)
- Fitch Ratings provides comprehensive research and commentary on the short-term credit markets covering a broad range of sectors, topics and securities, including regulation, money market funds, commercial paper, repos, and counterparty risk, as well as economic and industry outlooks. Visit fitchratings.com to learn more.
- Fitch Ratings White Paper – Stale Investment Guidelines Lead to Missed Opportunities
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA), Inc.
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Rating's has published the 2015 editions of our annual Top 10 Investor Questions for Global Corporates articles. Our analysts compile and provide responses to the 10 frequently-asked questions we hear from investors around the world. The questions we answer in this year's reports range from general inquiries about the pace of M&A activity to region- and sector-specific forecasts, including the consequences of increased shale gas production in China, rising acceptance of public-private partnerships in the U.S., and the effect of potential deflation for the European consumer sector.
Request For Comment: Reflecting Subordination Risk In The Issue Ratings Of Corporate Issuers
SP Global Ratings — ESG Assessment Proposal
SP Global Ratings — Green Bond Assessment Proposal
2016 Global Corporate Debt Demand
U.S. Nonfinancial Corporates' Record $1.84 Trillion Cash Holdings Mask A Massive $6.6 Trillion Debt Burden
Which U.S. Corporate Sectors Will Feel The Chill From China's Cooling Growth?
Shareholder-Friendly Actions And Looming Rate Hikes Are Amplifying U.S. Corporate Credit Risks
Free SPRatings page for Global Fixed Income Research
Corporate Ratings Methodology Brochure
The Credit Cloud: Large U.S. Takeovers Are A Bad Omen For Credit Quality
Hot Topics Page: Management & Goverance Credit Factors - Non-Financial Corporates
SS&P Global Rating's 2012 Global Aging report
Global Corporate Default Study
Visit www.understandingratings.com, the new free public website that S&P recently launched, to provide more ratings transparency and education to the market. The site contains videos, podcasts, articles and educational materials related to credit ratings.